Intelligent signal isolator first converts the signal of transmitter or instrument through semiconductor device modulation, then isolates and converts it through photosensitive or magnetic sensor, then demodulates and converts it back to the original signal before isolation, at the same time isolates the power supply of the isolated signal. Guarantee the independence of the transformed signal, power supply and ground.
1. What should be paid attention to in installation and maintenance of intelligent signal isolator?
Because the manufacturers are different, the process and wiring definitions of intelligent signal isolator are different, but the use occasions are basically the same, so the installation and protection requirements and maintenance of products are basically the same.
1. Read the instructions carefully before use.
2. When used as signal isolation, the input end should be connected into the loop circuit, and the output end should be connected with the sampling circuit.
3. When used as isolated distribution, the input terminal should be connected into the power supply circuit and the output terminal should be connected with the transmitter.
4. If it does not work properly, check whether the connection is correct and pay attention to the power supply and polarity anyway.
2. What are the principles of designing isolation terminals for intelligent signal isolators?
Do you need to distribute power for each isolator? The design should follow two principles.
The electrical isolation between the external equipment and the central processing system (such as PLC, DCS) should be carried out.
Secondly, electrical isolation should be achieved between external device signals (whether they are external devices that send signals to the central processing system or external devices that receive signals).
For example, to transmit the one-way signal from PLC to two external devices requires that the input/output guarantees isolation while the two outputs are also isolated. If the external working power supply of the isolation terminal is separated from the input/output part, then no matter the number of isolators, only one power supply can be used.